Love Our Lambertville
September—the gateway to fall—is already upon us! We’re expecting to have the first fall flowers in next week—watch our Facebook page for their arrival! The summer has given us a bounty of delicious Jersey Fresh local fruits and veggies, and Lambertville has given us some fun and exciting ways to support our local businesses as they continue navigating their way through these challenging times. In case you missed them on our Facebook page, here are 2 programs going on right now:
Love Our Shops
This is Lambertville’s “shop local” incentive program that gives you a discount for patronizing participating Lambertville shops and restaurants. It’s easy, here’s how it works:
- Shop at any participating business in the graphic below
- Present your same-day receipt to another participating business
- Receive a discount on your purchase
That’s it! Love Our Lambertville, Support Our Shops!
Lambertville New Hope Rotary Club and Delaware River Towns Chamber of Commerce (DRTCC) Partnership
Now through September, you can help make a difference by just posting pictures of business storefronts in Lambertville and New Hope, then posting them to social medial with a special hashtag. Here’s the info from the DRTCC website:
The Rotary Club will make a donation to Fisherman’s Mark to battle food insecurity and related issues for every photo of storefronts of businesses in the Lambertville/New Hope area. The total amount to be donated by the Rotary Club is up to $1,000 during August and September 2020. There is no obligation to make any purchase or to enter any facility.
Just safely visit the location, take a photo of the storefront, and post it on social media with #loveourshops. Both the DRTCC and the Lambertville New Hope Rotary Club invite your participation but ask that you do so in a safe manner, wearing facial coverings, and practicing social distancing as appropriate.
Market Meals Update
Have you seen our Facebook posts about the new way we’re doing our Market Meals? The change offers a more contact-free in-store pickup, and you don’t need to call in your order in advance anymore (unless you prefer curbside pickup). Here’s how it works:
- Choose from 3 mains: Mediterranean chicken, sandwich, or soup.
- Choose 2 sides: there will be standard sides as well as weekly additional sides to choose from. Salads and additional sides will already be in containers – no extra contact.
- Each week the new additional sides will be pinned here on Facebook and will be on our website.
- Standard sides (always available): Garden Salad, Chips, Bottle of Water, Piece of Fruit, Cookie (individually wrapped)
- Additional sides (change weekly): Updated weekly; pinned to Facebook, at our deli counter, and updated on website (ly/HomesteadDailyMenu)
~ The current employee-selected charity is The Seeing Eye, a guide dog foundation in Morristown, NJ. ~
New Products In Our Market
Partners Snack Crackers are made by a second-generation family-owned bakery based in the Pacific Northwest that takes pride in using “recipes from kitchens, not formulas from factories”. We now carry several varieties of their snack crackers, including roasted sweet onion, olive oil & herb, traditional butter, and cracked black pepper.
Short on time? Al Dente Pastas cook up “tender but firm in just 3 minutes”, born from one entrepreneurial woman’s idea to create a pasta that “tastes like fresh, cooks quickly like fresh, but has the convenience of a dried pasta”. We have a few different types to suit every taste and preference, including plant-based red lentil & sweet potato, whole wheat fettuccini, and golden egg bonnetti.