Homestead’s Opening Day: April 3, 2020
We’re Opening Ahead of Schedule – Friday, April 3!
A lot of people have contacted us asking if we’ll be opening before our scheduled date of April 10. We listened. We care deeply about making sure our community has enough food throughout this challenging time, so we’ll be opening our doors on Friday, April 3 at 9:00 a.m. and closing daily at 5:00 p.m. for the time being.
Here’s what we’re doing to keep you safe.
- We deep cleaned and disinfected the entire store before stocking began, as we do every year.
- We’ll be sanitizing surfaces throughout the day every day.
- Hand sanitizer and tissues will be located just inside the front door.
- We’ve staggered our employees’ hours.
- All employees, including kitchen staff, will wear safety gloves.
- Only a small number of customers will be in the store at the same time.
- All breads, pies, pastries, etc. will be bagged, boxed, or wrapped.
- Large produce (like heads of lettuce) will be wrapped rather than exposed.
- We’ll be stationing a dedicated employee by the smaller loose produce (like apples, onions, etc.) who will put your selections in a bag for you. This prevents produce from being handled by multiple shoppers.
- Samplings will be suspended.
- The doors will remain open for constant fresh air circulation (as weather permits).
- No self-serve.
If you prefer not to come into the store, you can also call in your order in advance for curbside pickup (609-397-8285) seven days a week.
Our community is part of our family, so we’re putting extra measures in place to keep our customers safe. We’ve added a special page to our website where you can see what steps we’re taking along with special local information and websites, plus reminders about safe practices during this challenging time.
As always, like and follow our Facebook page for daily updates.
A silver lining to self-isolation is that there’s a lot more time to dedicate to preparing your garden! If you’d like mulch delivered to your home, we encourage you to call in your order prior to our opening on April 3.
What You’ll Find On Our Shelves
We’ll do our best to keep our shelves stocked with all the items you need and have come to enjoy. As of now, we expect to open with a good supply of produce as well as pantry, refrigerated, and frozen items. Local meats and cheeses, fresh baked breads, Greg’s wonderful homemade pastries – and yes, the pies you’ve all been craving! – will be here as well. We’ll have a limited menu of prepared foods for takeout – check our daily menu page for daily updates.
Don’t forget to bring your reusable shopping bags – Lambertville’s Ditching Disposables initiative is in effect!
Sign up for notifications from the City of Lambertville, including local activities, government services, and essential information should emergencies occur: https://www.lambertvillenj.org/residents/swift-911-notification-system
Local coronavirus updates: https://www.lambertvillenj.org/covid